Cast & Crew is a leading provider of payroll services and production accounting services to the Entertainment Industry. Through service offices in Burbank, New York, Baton Rouge, Albuquerque, Toronto and Vancouver, Cast & Crew provides ATL and BTL payroll services to the Motion Picture, Television and Commercial Industries and offers its comprehensive PSL family of production accounting software.
Prepare payroll adjustments (work state, pay rate, union affiliation and other) for coordinators, external clients and management. Explain adjustments and results to coordinators, clients and others. Perform benefits related set ups for external payees across all projects.
- Payroll adjustments considered to be of a common nature that can be accomplished using existing adjustment software and established settings. Adjustments assigned will be of a routine nature or if not, the correct procedure will have been determined by management or a senior OPS employee.
- Explain adjustments to clients, coordinators and Non-OPS management
- May contact clients directly to clarify or discuss adjustment requests
- Set up benefits records where there is an established procedure, possibly with assistance and training from a senior OPS employee
- Must be familiar with the full employee setup (employee records, deal memos, special records) cycle
- May from time to time be asked to assist in check printing
- Customer focus
- Focused on meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with customers
- Treats people with respect
- Is tactful and uses diplomacy
- Capable of diffusing tense situations effectively
- Works collaboratively with others
- Willingly shares information
- Actively supports team decisions
- Allocates own time efficiently
- Prioritizes and handles multiple demands
Planning & Organizing
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Effectively communicate issues that are complex in nature, both verbally and in writing, through various mediums
- Dialogue effectively with clients to identify needs, prioritize requests, and remove extraneous information
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to organize work
- Takes full responsibility for outcomes
- Follows through on commitments and agreements
- Two or more years full time experience in payroll (preferably entertainment industry) data entry, coordinator (or similar), payroll adjustment technician, project paymaster or payroll accountant
- At least one year experience entering financial or payroll data into an automated system; since our software is proprietary, no particular software is favored unless it was used in the entertainment industry
- Education - high school graduate or GED, with business subjects preferred. Certificate level courses in bookkeeping or payroll are a plus.
Special Working Conditions
- May work an alternate work schedule such as 10 hours per day/4 days a week
- Overtime may be required, although this is relatively rare
- SEDENTARY - Experts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or pull, involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.