Cast & Crew is a leading provider of payroll services and production accounting services to the Entertainment Industry. Through service offices in Burbank, New York, Baton Rouge, Albuquerque, Toronto and Vancouver, Cast & Crew provides ATL and BTL payroll services to the Motion Picture, Television and Commercial Industries and offers its comprehensive PSL family of production accounting software.
The Payroll Coordinator processes payroll for assigned shows and to be the point of contact for the client in aspects of payroll processing. The Payroll Coordinator is expected to proficiently demonstrate payroll processing ability in all US related payrolls, union and non-union. Extensive knowledge of all (Hollywood) I.A.T.S.E. locals, guilds and contracts, both TV and Theatrical, is necessary and must be demonstrated.
- Process in-coming payroll, which includes breaking of timecards in accordance with all applicable Federal, State, and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Accountable and responsible for quality service in assisting and servicing clients in regards to payroll production, tax-related issues, answering pertinent questions, and problem-solving in compliance with company policy and procedure.
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of payroll database system. Should be familiar with applicable programs: invoice, batch, timecard editor; and reports: timecard verification, fringe, payroll history, cast list, gross wages.
- Maintaining accurate and acceptable files on each client/show, in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Maintain the client relationship as it related to the weekly processing of the clients payroll. This includes responding to questions and resolving payroll issues.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned.
- Customer focused
- Focused on meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Treats people with respect
- Relates well to all levels and kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Is tactful and uses diplomacy
- Makes others comfortable and puts them at ease
- Builds constructive and effective relationships
- Capable of diffusing tense situations comfortably
- Works collaboratively with others
- Willingly shares information
- Works with team to solve problems and resolve issues
- Thinks “we” not “I”; works for best solution rather than own solution
- Promotes a team spirit of common effort and results
- Actively supports team decisions
- Accepts and promotes continuous improvement
- Overcomes barriers to achieve success
- Allocates own time efficiently
- Prioritizes and handles multiple demands
- Eliminates inefficiencies
- Uses technology to enhance productivity
- Ability to Multi-task
- Plan and organize work
- Problem solver and well organized for record keeping
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills
- Good written, verbal, and listening skills
- Maintain a positive working relationships with all individuals
- Four year college degree preferred
- Multi-level relationship building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication ability
- Ability to work towards team and individual goals
- Knowledge in using an analytical approach to breaking payroll
- Must exhibit sense of urgency with regard to client servicing
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent PC skills
- Flexibility to shift priorities as needed to service the team’s clients
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, products, practices and financial arrangement
- Must have the ability to break payroll and learn advanced concepts when ready
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently, goal oriented and people oriented
- Must have a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in the entertainment payroll industry.
- Schedule must be flexible to accommodate workload and client needs.
Special Working Conditions
- May work an alternate work schedule such as 10 hours per day/4 days a week
- Overtime required
- SEDENTARY - Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.